At Root Cellar Technology we understand that privacy is one of the biggest concerns for Internet users. Root Cellar Technologies respects the privacy of every person who visits our Web site or uses our products. We’ve created this statement to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy and to show the value we place on the information you provide to us.
Links to Other Web Sites
Root Cellar Technology site contain links to other sites. Root Cellar Technology is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, as their policies may differ from our own.
ABOUT INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER
In various places on our Web sites, we may request information from you. This might include your name, email address, other contact info, and demographic data such as your occupation. We limit the amount and type of information gathered to what is necessary for the identified purpose. We use this information to:
- send you an electronic newsletter, if you’ve requested it,
- alert you about new products or product updates,
- provide you with information you have requested about the company or about our products,
- collect survey data to improve our products and services,
- notify winners of contests we run periodically,
- send you or a colleague an email you’ve requested,
- send you an email confirming a subscription or download,
- classify our users and correspondents into demographic categories so that we can better track the issues, concerns and preferences of those groups and, ultimately, deliver products and services that more accurately meet their needs.
When you provide us information, we will identify the purpose and use it only for the purpose for which it was collected. We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. When you volunteer information that may be shared with our partners, we will ask you explicitly to grant us such permission by opting in on a Web page.
Testimonials We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. Links to Other Sites – This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Root Cellar Technology. Please be aware that we, Root Cellar Technology, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
For visitors to our site who are under 18 years of age we strongly recommend that you obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before providing us with any information.
ABOUT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Technical and Demographic Information
Root Cellar Technology collects technical and demographic information about you that does not personally identify you. Examples of this type of information include the computer operating system you use, your Internet browser, your domain name and IP address, and the Web pages you view. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We use this information to diagnose problems with our Web site and to better tailor its content to your needs.
- When you download our software, we use a cookie to save the information you enter. If you return to the same page later, we can fill in your email address, so you don’t have to re-enter it.
- When we send you an email with a link to a Web page, we use a cookie to automatically enter your email address on a Web page form, so you don’t have to type it.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED
Root Cellar Technology takes strong precautions to protect the information you provide from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction.
In some cases,Root Cellar Technology stores databases for our clients. These lists may contain email addresses, as well as other information the client has collected. A client’s list is subject to the same security as data Root Cellar Technology collects itself, and is never shared with other partners or clients.
All Root Cellar Technologies employees are made aware of the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure customer information is protected.
If You Feel You Have Received Unsolicited Email
Root Cellar Technologies does not send or condone unsolicited email, or “spam”. We send email only to people who have requested our newsletter, or asked for information about our products.
If you feel you’ve received unsolicited email from Root Cellar Technology, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to deal with your issue promptly.